Casual café Tsui Wah Restaurant has become the latest brand to be unwillingly pulled into a controversy over the ongoing unrest in Hong Kong.
On Thursday, a picture of Tsui Wah's pepper and sugar packets started to go viral on Weibo. Comments claimed the packets are insulting to Hong Kong police and urged China citizens to boycott the restuarant.
A trending topic, TsuiWahSuspectedofInsultingPolicemen,...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events