The Association of New Zealand Advertisers has continued to rebuke Facebook over its lack of action following the Christchurch terrorist attacks with a new statement calling on the country’s government to “actively address local regulatory solutions” against social-media platforms.
Together with the Commercial Communications Council, the association's statement strongly condemns Facebook’s perceived intransigence in changing its live-streaming platforms. It also suggests gestures such as Sheryl Sandberg’s letter to the New Zealand Herald were tokenistic, saying...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events