Unilever's acquisition of Dollar Shave Club DSC for $1 billion may well prove to be a watershed moment in the consumables business.
While CPG acquisitions are certainly nothing newand this pales by size compared to PG’s $57 billion acquisition of Gillette in 2005what makes this a game-changer is how it brings an entirely new business model into the belly of the Unilever beast.
DSC was the first company...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events