China will have 63.5% of the world’s users of proximity mobile payments in 2018, higher than the 61.2% previously expected, according to the latest eMarketer forecast.
The company defines a proximity mobile payment as a point-of-sale transaction made by scanning, tapping, swiping or checking in with a mobile device.
This year in China, 525.1 million people will use a proximity mobile payment app at the point of sale, up more than 13%...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events