In a year that saw its UK headquarters roiled by an accounting scandal that drove out half the board including cofounder Maurice Saatchi, Richard Morewood, Asia CEO of M&C Saatchi managed to keep the agency’s business stable, even if robust growth displayed in the past year seemed harder to attain. Despite the challenges at HQ, M&C Saatchi’s Asia business saw some strong growth across its country offices.
How did M&C Saatchi respond to the challenges it faced in APAC in 2019?
Check out M&C Saatchi's Agency Report Card now to see:
The agency's overall grade for 2019
Grades and detailed discussion of performance across five categories:
- Leadership: A qualitative assessment of leadership performance, key regional decisions, management stability and contributions to industry by agency leaders.
- Creativity: Compelling and effective campaign work, judged qualitatively. Regional and global awards recognition is included, with higher weighting given to wins at major shows. Work demonstrative of high effectiveness for clients is also considered.
- Innovation: A qualitative assessment of Asia-based initiatives and innovations based on their improvements to the agency, people, clients and industry.
- Business growth: Assessed by the value of accounts won and lost in 2019, as calculated by the agencies and R3’s New Business League, published in Campaign Asia-Pacific, along with recognition of new project work and organic growth through retained clients.
People and diversity: Agency efforts to attract, retain and develop a high calibre of talent with a commitment to staff diversity and wellbeing are examined qualitatively.
The grade the agency gave itself, and why
How the agency performed versus its 2018 scores
- The agency's self-declared areas of specialisation.