A full-page ad in today’s Apple Daily newspaper has denounced the recent violence involving teargas and pepper spray on Hong Kong protesters. Published in black and white, the ad copy translates roughly to “Real brutality, fake universal suffrage. Hongkongers don’t fight one another”, with a smaller tagline at the bottom of the page saying “Zero violence and true universal suffrage is what the advertising industry supports, all the way”.
A full-page ad in Apple Daily...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events