The failure of a major advertising agency in Japan to curb illegal overtime, with tragic consequences, has been well publicised and documented. It culminated in recent months with an unprecedented open trial, admission of guilt and company fine.
But the debate around the extent of overwork in the advertising industry and its root causes remains open. While many companies and agencies are taking steps to address the issue, the industry suffers from a lack of...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events