The theme of overwork, and what to do about it, dominated the end of 2016 and much of 2017 in Japan. The issue was thrust into the spotlight when a government inspection revealed that workplace pressure had contributed to the suicide of Matsuri Takahashi, a 24-year-old Dentsu employee who had recently joined as a graduate trainee.
It emerged that Takahashi, a graduate of Tokyo University who should have had an extremely...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events