Google chief executive Sundar Pichai has said that YouTube needs to establish “better frameworks” around what it deduces as hate speech as criticism towards its content policies heats up.
“We aren’t quite where we want to be,” Pichai admitted in an interview with Axios reporter Ina Fried.
The chief executive was asked to give his view on a number of recent controversies at the video-sharing platform, namely its failure...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events