1. Privacy is in the spotlight
SXSW14 will be remembered for who wasn’t there. The two biggest speakers had to dial in from exile. Julian Assange spoke over Skype from the Equadorian Embassy in London. And Ed Snowden beamed in from Russia via seven proxy servers.
But it was Google’s Eric Schmidt who began the debate around privacy, saying Google was “attacked” by the US government in 2013. Assange went...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events