Susan Credle is fond of a horticultural metaphor. The chief creative officer of FCB global first uses one to describe her dissatisfaction with mature brands that, she says, have relied for too long on building growth through cutting their marketing budgets.
As Credle points out, consistent trimming eventually means there’s nothing left at which to wave the secateurs. “If you haven’t been investing in growth and putting money towards organic growth and building your brand,...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events