Zuckerberg, in an interview with Bloomberg, said that Facebook is taking advantage of other companies' incapacity to hire new staff during the recession, to snap up engineers.
No one else has been hiring, said Zuckerberg. It's been a great environment for us because the economy has helped out. While more established companies dependent on advertising have struggled, the Facebook chief executive has been busy convincing brands to advertise on Facebook and has been largely successful.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events