Haat Bazaar is a general term for a weekly market organized in a rural society. Generally held on a playground or an open fieldthey help local farmers earn supplemental income by selling surplus agricultural products or trading for other goods. Over 65 per cent of the Nepalese population still directly depends on small-scale agriculture for its livelihood.
Traditionally, haat bazaar was generally practiced in the rural plain areas, especially in the Terai regionthe southern...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events