Thompson’s appointment follows Peter McDonough’s resignation after almost nine years with the company. Thompson will report to the president, Diageo North America and will be a member of the North America executive team.
“James brings with him a unique breadth of experience, having held a range of marketing, general and commercial management roles during his two decades within Diageo,” said Syl Saller, Diageo’s global chief marketing officer. “His strength in leadership, creative rigour...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events