When Cai Xukun 蔡徐坤, the ultra-popular member of China’s idol band Nine Percent, posted his newest song, “Wait Wait Wait”, on Weibo, about one-third of Weibo users roughly 100 million people re-shared it.
This level of popularity has granted him a slew of commercial opportunities, from Chanel to L’Oreal to even the NBA League. But then, Cai was caught by China’s state media CCTV...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events