Hong Kong’s Cathay Pacific, one of the world's most renowned Asian airlines, has reported a serious data breach that saw the personal information of millions of customers accessed without authorisation.
The carrier confirmed the breach in a statement, saying “the passenger data of approximately 9.4 million people has been accessed” without authorisation and that it had contacted local police.
The types of personal data accessed by the intruders was extremely wide-ranging,...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events