Launching creative marketing campaigns to celebrate the upcoming Chinese Lunar New Year has proven to be a minefield for luxury brands.
While Chinese consumers are still occupied with criticizing Burberry’s weird Chinese New Year tribute, another brand, Bulgari, got caught in a different controversy last week after linking Jewish culture with pigs to welcome China’s 2019 Lunar New Year. On February 5, it will become the Year of Pig, according to Chinese astrology. In...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events