Chinese app developer CooTek has denied malicious ad activities after Buzzfeed reported that more than 60 of its apps were removed from the Google Play store and ad platforms because they bombarded users with disruptive ads.
While acknowledged that some of its apps have been disabled in the Google Play Store and Google Admob, CooTek said there were “potential misunderstandings” with Google.
CooTek investigated internally, reexamined its apps and...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events