It’s also a sign of the way the marketing industry, agencies as well as clients, is trying to work out where social media fits in.
1. McDonald’s is not the first client to appoint a social media expert in a senior role.Tech brands, unsurprisingly, also identify this as a key position. But the fast food giant’s decision is significant as it recognises the importance that mainstream consumer brands now place on social channels.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events