Running headalong into the withering storm of the Covid-19 epidemic, Alibaba Group's revenues were up 38% year-on year at RMB161.4 billion $23.1 billion, even as income increased to RMB 39.5 billion $5.6 billion, up 48%.
Despite being worried about the virus' impact, Covid-19 may have only worsened a looming slowdown in business for the company. While nearly 40% sales growth sounds impressive, the revenue growth actually marks Alibaba's...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events