The ad-blocking debate has become increasingly ill-tempered in tone, exacerbated by companies like Three wading into the discussion. The mobile network, owned by Hutchison Whampoa, will soon allow its 80m customers to block ads at network level, via a partnership with start-up Shine.
The latter’s software can block 90% of ads, according to Three chief marketing officer Tom Malleschitz, as well as cookies, ad trackers and analytics. Shine is partly funded by Horizon Ventures, the...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events