Laura Ashton, a longtime APAC marketer, shared these observations with Campaign Asia-Pacific after a recent trip to North Korea. All photographs are Ashton's unless otherwise noted.
In a classic Merrie Melodies cartoon from 1955, a joyous, top-hatted dancing frog gets discovered in a demolished building’s cornerstone and later locked away again, only to emerge singing the same toe-tapping tune in the far future. A perfectly preserved time capsule. Such rare finds in the...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events