In this video, Vern Reid, CEO of the Hong Kong Rugby Union, and Steve Willis, senior managing director, growth markets, Accenture, address the following:
- 0:26 Building the rugby brand in the long-term
- 2:14 Is an app the answer?
- 2:32 More value to sponsors and users?
- 3:15: Challenges with developing the app
To do this, Accenture built an app. The initiative had three long-term goals:
- Foster and draw in new and existing communities to rugby through the app's CRM program
- Nurture rugby talent from a young age with dedicated content and support through the community and the app
- Increase value for sponsors by better engaging and connecting them with the community on an ongoing basis.
For those that went to the Hong Kong Rugby Sevens this year, Campaign Asia-Pacific would be interested to hear your experience of the app and what you think could have been better from a user point of view. Drop us a line on our Facebook or right here in the comments section below.