The above KFC ad from Australia has come in for criticismrightly so, in Ad Nut's opinionfrom Collective Shout, an organisation that fights objectification of women. The ad, Collective Shout said, reinforces gender stereotypes and contributes to sexist grooming of boys”.
In a statement, Collective Shout spokeswoman Melinda Liszewski said the ad was a regression to tired and archaic stereotypes where young women are sexually objectified for male pleasure and where boys are...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events