In a new video for Campaign Asia-Pacific, marketing industry veteran Tom Doctoroff explains why the Chinese are shrewd consumers who compartmentalise their purchasing habits.
Doctoroff's argument is that foreign brands and domestic Chinese ones are in fact two pillars of a bimodal marketplace.
The video is the second in Campaign's new short-video series, Marketing Masters, featuring respected industry minds sharing their specialised insights.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events