Unilever's Lux hosted 32 ambassadors from 13 countries including Bangladesh, China, India, Indonesia, Myanmar, Sri Lanka and Thailand for a "co-creation bootcamp" in London in early August.
At once an educational experience for the ambassadors and a series of Instagram-ready activities, the event introduced the group to master perfumers from Firmenich (one of the brand's fragrance houses) and gave them time with Anne Radmacher, the global VP in charge of the brand, as well as the brand's digital production team. Meanwhile, the attendees created 160 bespoke, limited goodie-kits to give away to their followers.
The event focused on the Botanicals Collection, which aligns with Unilever's Sustainable Living Plan by being the first collection that is paraben-free, silicon-free and colorant-free. The brand also says it will be packaged in recycled and recyclable plastic "In the near future".
Golin Singapore, the brand's global PR and influencer agency, collaborated on the event, which also involved partnerships with social-media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Weibo and TMall, as well as Vice.
The ambassadors attending including the following from APAC markets:
- Ishrat Zaheen Ahmed, @ishrat_zaheen, Bangladesh
- Basma Khan, @enchantedbeautybybasma, Bangladesh
- Yang Shuai, Alex是大叔, China
- Wang Qingyuan, Kakakaoo, China
- Aashna Kiran Shroff, @aashnashroff, India
- Kritika Khurana, @thatbohogirl, India
- Karis Alika Islamadina, @alikaismadina, Indonesia
- Roro Nablia Putri Cantika, @abellyc, Indonesia
- Molita Soraja, @molita_lin, Indonesia
- Safiyya Hellua, @thelipstickmafiaaa, Indonesia
- Phyo Pyae Sone Htun, @phyodaybyday, Myanmar
- Shehani Kahandawala, @iamsheyk, Sri Lanka
- Archita Siripinyanond, @archita, Thailand
- Sawarin Sriboonma, @soundtisss, Thailand
- Phavida Pakviwat, @icepadie, Thailand