Campaign Asia-Pacific has extended the entry deadline for Women to Watch 2020 by one week to Friday July 24, 2020 at 23.59pm HK time.
We made this decision after receiving an influx of individual requests for an extension to the deadline, which was Friday July 17.
We hope that by giving all nominees one more week, this will allow you to strengthen your submissions and pull together any final recommendations.
For those that have already submitted to this year's list—thank you! If you would like to make any additions to your existing entry, feel free to reach out.
The online nomination form is at this link and shown below.
For advice on what makes a standout entry, check out our video here.
We've also written about why it is still important to spotlight women in the industry during this time, and why COVID-19 is opportunity to 'fast-track' diversity, borrowing insights from former Women to Watch winners. Check them out!
What is Women to Watch?
Women to Watch 2020 is an annual list celebrating the achievements of the brightest, most dynamic and promising female talent in marketing, media and communications in Asia-Pacific.
We are looking for women who have inspirational stories, strong business achievements and are passionate about helping to drive the industry forward.
We are not necessarily looking for women who are at the top of their careers—we are looking for women who have achieved a lot, but have the potential to go much further. They will have proven successes in the past 12 months and have demonstrated an ability to drive their business forward and inspire others to do so too.
Does that sound like you, or someone you know? We invite you to put forward yourself, or up to two women from your own regional agency network or company, with an explanation as to why you/they outpace the competition.
The cost of entry is US$400—which includes a one year membership with Campaign Asia-Pacific. The membership can be used by the entrant or gifted to a person within the same company. Find more details about the benefits of membership here and please direct any questions to email@example.com.
Once the deadline has passed, Campaign Asia-Pacific's senior editorial team will carefully read, analyse and discuss every entry to select the 40 women we feel are the most impressive and deserving of this commendation. Those selected as the most exceptional rising stars will be honoured with in-depth profiles featured in Campaign Asia-Pacific and shared across all our channels.
To be considered for the list, nominees must be:
- Based in Asia-Pacific (includes Australia and New Zealand).
- Work in any discipline within or adjacent to brands, media, marketing, advertising and communications.
- There is no minimum or maximum age limit for the candidate, but it is worth noting that we are looking to celebrate the achievements of women who have not yet reached the very top of their professions or the pinnacle of their careers.
Other important notes:
- You are allowed to nominate up to two names from your company or agency per market you operate in. To be clear, this means that if you are a company with multiple brands/agencies under it, you can nominate up to two women per brand/agency per market.
- We will consider candidates from other Campaign Asia-Pacific listings, such as 40 Under 40, Women Leading Change or Digital A-List—but we prefer there to be a 12-month gap if the candidate has already been featured in any of these lists.
What do I need to include in the entry?
The nomination form will ask you to fill in:
- The nominee's details
- Your own details
- The answers to four questions about the nominee, each with a word count limit of 250 words.
- A recent high-resolution (at least 1200x800 pixels at 72 dpi) photograph of the nominee.
- Once you have submitted the entry you will be directed to a payment page. The cost of entry is $400 per candidate.
- On completion of the form our membership manager will follow up with you to arrange the Campaign Asia-Pacific membership.
We recommend downloading a Word document version of the nomination form here and preparing your answers in advance, and then copying these into the nomination form. You cannot save your progress once you are in the nomination form and come back to it at another time.
What makes a good entry?
- The entry will show us that the woman nominated is clearly indispensable to the company she works for. The entry will tell us about what she has done to make her a crucial player in her team and/or the wider business. Metrics and business results you can provide as evidence of this will be looked on favourably.
- The entry will make it clear that the candidate goes above and beyond the demands of her job description and is helping to take the industry forward in a positive way.
- The entry shows us that the nominee is generally an inspiring person to work with, however this manifests itself. We should get the strong feeling that we'd want to work with these women if we could.
- We appreciate entries that are well-written, with clearly laid-out information and specific examples of achievement by the nominee.
Note: You can flag confidential information by putting it into [square brackets] or highlighting it. We ask that you only flag the specific information that must be kept confidential, rather than the whole entry or very large parts of it, since we will rely on this information to compile a profile of any nominee that makes the list.
What's the deadline again?
The new deadline for entries is Friday July 24, 2020 at 23.59pm HK time. That’s it! Got any questions? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help as soon as we can.
Read about previous Women to Watch: