As news of BP's Gulf Coast oil spill and the worker suicides at Foxconn's southern China facility intertwined, many an exasperated tweeter would blurt out something along the lines of The way insert company name is handling this crisis is an embarrassment. I don't know who their PR agency is, but they should be fired.
An understandable sentiment, but anyone who understands how public relations counsel works realises that agency failure is only one possible reason for a company...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events