WPP plans to contest Bain Capital’s 152 billion yen US$1.35 billion offer to buy ADK, which was announced on 2 October, the FT has reported.
WPP has held a 25 percent stake in ADK for 20 years, valued at around $290 million. ADK also holds a 2.4 percent stake in WPP worth $576 million. It is not clear how other international shareholders will respond to Bain's move. Completion of the deal would see...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events