At a discussion launching the Tudou Online Film Festival last Friday, moderator Christine Lu asked me how I described Tudou to people from outside of China. I told her the biggest mistake most non-Chinese people made was to go to the site, give it a quick look-see, and conclude “Tudou is a Chinese YouTube clone, but with lots of pirated content.”
Setting aside the clone’ appellation my response “so what” and the pirated content accusation Tudou and rival...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events