Recently, market research company Forrester predicted that “2020 marks the beginning of a final, desperate fight for CMO relevance. Otherwise, the title may disappear and the role may end up subsumed into something greater.”
This follows several global brands ranging from Unilever, Johnson Johnson to McDonalds ditching the CMO role in recent years. Already some companies in Asia and globally use other names in place of the CMO, including Chief Growth Officer, Chief...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events