Blockbuster drugs such as Lipitor, Cozaar, Crestor, among others, used to enable big-name pharmaceutical companies marketing rights and exclusivity in producing those drugs under long-term patents. In some cases, a drug could pull in more than US$1 billion a year.
But the glory days are gone, according to Sherlynn Tan, chief marketing officer of MIMS Pte Ltd, a provider of drug information and medical communications headquartered in Singapore.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events