SOCIAL MEDIA IN INDONESIA
In May, Indonesian authorities imposed temporary restrictions on certain features of Whatsapp and Instagram, including photo and video sharing, after riots in Jakarta following the results of the recent election. The communications and information minister Rudiantara said the move was needed because these apps induced the spread of fake media that could trigger an “emotional response” in people. Eight people were reported dead and hundreds were injured...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events