In a globalized world, being foreign’, either as a brand or an individual, means a lot less than it once did. Yet foreigners’ still serve a specific purpose in Japanese advertising, even if their role is evolving.
In a recent piece of work by Dentsu for Volvo and Uber Eats, a sophisticated if somewhat '1980s' Caucasian couple is shown savouring a seven-course menu in the back of a black vehicle. The video is aimed...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events