Ever heard of a halal refrigerator Or halal hijabs, plastic containers, sanitary towels, cat food and detergent In the last year, Indonesia has seen the launch of all of the above.
Early this May, just before Ramadan, Sharp Electronics Indonesia introduced a halal refrigerator to the Indonesian white-goods market, baffling both consumers and competitors and prompting a tide of social media chatter about what makes non-edible and digestible products halal.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events