There was some puzzlement overseas following Duterte’s victory. His predecessor had after all delivered six consecutive years of economic growththe highest in Southeast Asia. And the best performing stock market in the world over an eight-year period to date. A million overseas workers had returned home to better prospects. And not coincidentally, he had, according to Transparency International successfully tackled corruption in the country.
However, in pre-election surveys it was soon clear the ruling...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events