Users of Twitter drew attention to sections of the company’s website, which featured menu items such as cheesy chips’ rendered as 'yasuppoi' chips, inadvertantly suggesting the product looks cheap or poor quality.
In further tweets, Tomoyuki Akiyama, a multilingual communications professional based in Tokyo, noted the Crunchwrap Supremebeef’ had been translated as Supreme Court Beef’, and that the phrase We’ve got nothing to hide’ had become What did we bring here...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events