People at WPP are excited by the future, they’re not burdened by the past, Mark Read told shareholders at his first annual general meeting as chief executive today, as he talked about turning around the amazing company without mentioning his predecessor and former mentor, Sir Martin Sorrell.
However, Read, who was keeping an eye on emails and social media when he wasn’t talking, will have known that Sorrell was still trying to be a...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events