From the perspective of unit economics, Snap Inc had a positive Q2 2018.
The camera company saw revenue from advertising increase 44% to $262 million in the quarter, compared with $182 million in Q2 2017. Daily active users DAUs increased by 8% to 188 million and average revenue per user ARPU increased 34% to $1.40 worldwide. For context, Facebook's ARPU was $5.97 worldwide, according to its latest earnings report.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events