eBay is facing a court battle with Joltid, the company owned by Skype's founders which holds the rights to Sykpe's underlying technology.
When eBay bought Skype for US$2.3 billion in 2005, Joltid licensed the technology to eBay, but has now revoked that licence.
In a regulatory filing, eBay said that if it fails to win the court case in June next year and is unable to create a new VOIP technology that does...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events