Unruly and Campaign Asia-Pacific sister publication Marketing compiled this ranking on the basis of the number of all-time shares, but they admit that the selection is also "slightly subjective" because "otherwise there would have been a few too many zombies, and as much as we love the undead, they can get a bit tedious with all that moaning and shuffling".
Please note that this is not a list of Halloween ads, just scary ads. And some are inadvertently rather than intentionally creepy (step forward Ronald McDonald with a tray stuck to his head). Others are gory and a couple are just downright grim.
You have been warned.
By the way, although people in Asia are getting into the Halloween spirit a bit more each year, we haven't seen that many spooky APAC ads this year (please alert us on Twitter @CampaignAsia or Facebook if you see any good ones). But here's a couple we've covered this year—both from the frightening people at BBH Asia Pacific—plus some relics from the Campaign Asia-Pacific crypt:
- You'll take a 'shining' to this spooky Ikea video (Oct. 22)
- Creeeeeeeak: Chupa Chups opens haunted house on Instagram (Oct. 15)
- Go scary or go home: Halloween ad roundup (2013)
- Ocean Park combines horror and fashion to promote 'hauntingly hip' Halloween (2012)
- Filipino senator launches zombie ad to rally voters (2012)
- Chupa Chups aims to silence the screams of Halloween (2011)
Now onto the Unruly list (insert evil laughter here).
1. Carrie - Telekinetic Coffee Shop Surprise
2. LG - So Real, it’s Scary
3. Dead Island - Official Announcement Trailer
4. Dirt Devil - The Exorcist
5. Snickers - Halloween Grocery Store Lady
6. Remco - Baby Laugh-a-lot
7. Phones4u - Little Girl
8. Autoway - Scary Japanese ad
9. Axe - Hot Girl vs Zombie
10. K-fee - Ghost Car
11. PlayStation 3 - Baby
12. Call of Duty: Black Ops - Zombie Labs Rezurrection
13. McDonald’s - Ronald McDonald’s ad debut
14. Metz - Judderman
15. Mini USA - Ahhhhhhhh!