“What a mysterious country,” one netizen commented on the social media platform Weibo after adverts for the Japanese condom brand Okamoto, which had covered the ceiling and walls of a metro station in the Chinese city of Shenzhen, were pulled down recently following complaints.
About a week before China’s Valentine’s Day also named Qixi, which fell on August 7 this year, Shenzhen’s Houhai station was heavily covered with the condom brand adverts. Despite the...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events