As Asia-Pacific CMO for global alcohol brand Diageo, James Thompson is sitting on a regional marketing budget of some US$250 million. But what sounds like a mouth-watering prospect for any ambitious agency comes with an important caveat from Thompson “The agency is no longer king.”
In an age of tightening adspend and growing strength of internal client marketing teams at larger multinationals, Thompson is clear about where the power lies. “We put teams of agencies together and the best...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events