Kimito Uemura’s first overseas posting for the company came late in the day. “In 2008, my previous boss asked me to go to Hong Kong to be GM of international marketing,” he explains. “I had always wanted to work abroad but at the age of 46, I gave up and I thought this dream had passed. I was very surprised,” he says.
Up until that point Uemura had lived in Tokyo and Osaka, and spoke...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events