Japanese millennials have never known their country to be stable, at least not compared to previous generations. Economic crises, political scandals and natural disasters have shaken the foundations of society. The traditional Japanese dream of lifetime employment, marriage, a car and a home is rapidly losing its appeal. Instead of being bound to these strict social structures, some millennials are embracing chaos.
While many Japanese young people would traditionally live with their parents or try...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events