Nissan has appointed the Japanese tennis player Naomi Osaka as its brand ambassador as it looks to build awareness of its electric vehicles and appeal to a younger generation of drivers.
The Japanese carmaker’s alignment with 20-year-old Osaka follows her victory over Serena Williams in the US Open to become the first Japanese player to win a Grand Slam singles tournament. The contract is for three years and will involve global advertising campaigns.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events