According to sources, the other agencies involved were incumbent Cheil Vietnam, AVC Edelman, GroupM and digital marketing agency Maxxus no relation to GroupM's Maxus.
The appointment takes effect on 1 June.
According to Kate Bayona-Garcia, head of digital and innovations, Leo Burnett Vietnam, the win will see the agency doubling its team to serve the Samsung account.
Currently, Leo Burnett handles work for...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events