Following reports suggesting Maggi noodles contain high levels of lead, the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India issued a nationwide ban of the product in early June. MSG has also been found in the brand’s noodles, despite being labelled “No added MSG”. Analysts predict a 7 per cent drop in Nestlé sales as a result of an internal recall announced before the ban.
The food giant said in a statement that the noodles...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events