Budget fashion brand Giordano faces growing pressure from the rise of ecommerce in China and an extremely competitive pricing environment.
In March, the retailer reported falling sales in all of its markets, with Australia fairing worst to decline by 20 per cent year-on-year. Overall, profit fell 35 per cent. Of the segments, Giordano Women, which contributes 24 per cent to sales, saw an 11 per cent decline owing to strategic errors, the brand admits....
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events