There are partners across the digital supply chainbrands, agencies, adtech vendors, publishersthat are deliberately profiting from fraud, and by extension, deliberately supporting organised crime.
That money then makes its way into other forms of crime, including drugs and prostitution. That’s according to a comprehensive 2018 study on cybercriminals by criminologist Michael McGuire on behalf of Bromium, which found that 40% of cybercriminals spend their money either reinvesting in cybercrime or on...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events